Thursday, April 23, 2009

Exploring new Vistas ... and the visit to Charminar


Hi friends.

Adventures are meant to be fun. And we had a great adventure today :D

I slept in my friend's house, after reading a bit of computer graphics till 12.30.
The next morning , when i woke up, it was 2.20 again !
Damn. My biological clock was getting haywire.

I silently sat there, amidst the 5 sleeping people , who were also in a state of semi consciousness.
I started listening songs on Warden's ipod for quite sometime, then heard the audio book from my own phone, and finally sat near the window gazing outside, waiting for the clock to strike 4.

There was much hype about the market, and i prepared myself mentally to enter there for the first time. I walked along with others to the MGBS, just a few min away from my friend's house , with the intention of boarding a bus. We finally had to get into an auto , and we reached there by 4.30 am.

It was deserted, except for the few cloth stalls that lay scattered over there. I were disappointed as we had to wait for another 1 hour. But we decided to roam and explore the city.
The funny part is, we had Charminar in the vicinity, and i had never visited it even once. So we started to walk in that direction, slowly crossing the lanes and roads.

I observed an unusually large number of poor people sleeping outside in the cold, shelter-less and unprotected. Almost on every road, we observed them sprawled on the ground. Then we came to the court road. It was totally deserted , and the place made me feel calm.

I and Bowenpally thop started jogging, and early as it was, it helped in clearing our sleep clogged brains a bit. We did a bit of excercising also, ran ahead , waited for friends who were far behind, and managed to reach Charminar.

It was huge, and though i don't find historical buildings "wow" , Charminar is a very important landmark of Hyderabad. So i stared at it with interest ,had a few biscuits in a nearby cafe, and decided to go shopping !!

We waited for an RTC bus, and managed to get into one. But what happened then ! The bus driver .. demanded 5 rs from each us even though most of us had a pass ! Absolutely shocking for my friends !

I finally reached the place we had been so eager to visit. Though it was nowhere near my imagination, it was still pretty interesting, with all sorts of wares and goods available.

Want to know the funny stuff available there ?

1. Tata Sky dish ( freshly stolen )
2. Cycle seat
3. Pulsar headlights
4. Cycle handle
5. Used rubber balls
6. Childrens tricycle tires
7. Coin operated box
8. Shop Name banner
9. Airtel hoardings
and lots and lots of stuff ...


There were several dedicated clothing stalls, which sold cheap goods at amazingly low prices. To our surprise, there were auctions there too. I personally waited for over half an hour to buy a trimmer ( ha ha.. the barber's gonna cry ). I saw several interesting items, but they were way beyond my budget of 200/-. So I settled for a small key chain and a cover for my mobile phone, apart from that trimmer.

Bowenpally thop bought a webcam at 40/- ( amazingly low) and to all our pleasure, it worked !!
We examined each and every stall there with curiosity, amazed at the diversity of things.

We found mobiles being sold there, at amazingly low prices, and they were just our of our budget range. I made a note to bring extra money the next time i came here.

And there's one other thing i wanted to mention. A dvd player, with features like usb support ( those are the latest features buddy) were distributed at throwaway prices of 800/- to 900/- . I also found several things of interest, but the lack of vitamin M made me back off !
(Now I am fully aware of the place and the goods, and I are sure to go there again in the holidays. )

I came back to my friend's house, sat there to study for sometime, ate, and then got ready for home. We traveled to MGBS, waiting for bus. In the meantime, Warden took some photos of me posing with an RTC bus. We were drinking pineapple juice for quenching our thirst , when my direct bus arrived !

I gulped down huge mouthfuls of juice, faster than i expected, and ran into the bus. It was already full, in the few seconds that delayed me. I purchased a ticket, stood there near a pole, and silently slipped into a nap.
It was after Shankermutt that i woke up , that too ..startled, as the bus lurched forward.

Laughing at myself, i clung to the trimmer and got down at Habsiguda. I walked home, had lunch, and then directly jumped on the bed for a nice slumber.

I slept for nearly 5 hours, woken up by the phone call of a friend,and studied for a while before i lost interest again.
I switched on my PC, switched on the net, and started searching mobile wallpapers.

My friend Warden came home, and we , already in the mood for a nap, opened Computer graphics Text book, completed an amazing 3 units in a record time, and he left at 11.00

Bye for now. I am terribly sleepy even after my afternoon sleep session. Heavy enjoyment. Heavily tired. Its 11.59 pm now.
Good night !

0 comments:

 

ChocoBoy's Personal Life