Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Chimpings too .. and Developing evening time apps !!


Hi friends.

Wrote my exam well again.
What the hell ! I and my friend had a very quick revision of 5 units in the college bus, and every question i got was from that only. My poor friend didn't get even a single question !!

Luck aside, the paper was late and i got extremely bored in the hall,then started yawning, looked around , and hoped for the paper. We had a small entertainment session from 'agam' ( an unfortunate nickname :) ) before the actual papers came. And you know what my first impression was ? JNTU's gotta be crazy !

Besides wasting 40 pages of paper, printing every detail of every student, deciding which sets the students should get and even setting up substandard question papers , JNTU's giving a day or two holidays between every exam. I really hope that this gets CANCELLED from the next year ! At least then, students will begin reading from the start of the semester !

Typical expected responses for the 'controversial' statements above :

Abba chaa..
Why so pessimistic yaar !
masti kar le !
why to read stuff right from the beginning !
you must be crazy !
wow man , nobody can read that much !
We are in Engineering buddy !


So let me narrate a few incidents that happened while we were returning home from exam ! I and Basha were isolated and sitting in quarantine in the first seat, for the first time, reading a new unix book . We barely managed to finish a couple of commands in 2 units, got tired and crept back to our usual places. Didn't get the chance to sleep today also.

We got down at habsiguda, with Basha urging for a soda. We had one each in the hot sun, relishing it, and then rushed home before we were dehydrated ! As we reached home, we had a power cut ! Shit man ! Basha was disappointed and left soon enough, and i resumed my CAT prep for a few min before a call from Racha Racha interrupted me !

He offered to come to my house to study unix, and i asked him to bring his laptop. And guess what ! I watched i-robot movie, a couple of scenes from Mirrors , and even a scene from Australia. Then we connected our PC's wirelessly , and i started developing the Contact application that i started a few days ago. It took up most of our time, but we finally shut down our lappy toppies, opened our books and began to read. I completed Vi editor, when Karthik , unable to resist his homesickness, left in a rush.

I started listening to the video songs i downloaded, enjoying them and sorting my system files. I will never manage to clean up my PC in its present state. So i am going to format it soon, for added functionality and better performance.

Today i am going to finish the first chapter in UNIX , come what may ! So long for now ! I also have the pleasure of informing you that I 'almost' have my DELL OEM Vista coming to me .. .. Happy installing ! Happy browsing ! Happy blogging !


Goood night ! ( or day .... as long as everything's good )

0 comments:

 

ChocoBoy's Personal Life